Boston University’s certificate in Professional Fundraising is an ideal course of study for individuals looking to enter the field of fundraising or advance their current professional knowledge—as well as for volunteer leaders who wish to better understand the development process.
Designed and taught by senior philanthropy officers with distinguished careers in development, the Professional Fundraising Program provides the up-to-date knowledge you need for success in today’s burgeoning and increasingly specialized philanthropic environment—and provides the 84 continuing education points required in Category 1.B—Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Program Format Information:
- Multi-instructor-guided online program.
- Asynchronous program with weekly due dates (daily check in strongly encouraged with no set time of day or day of week in which students are required to log in).
- Format includes: online reading assignments and exercises, case studies, short videos, optional live sessions, online discussions with instructors, facilitators, and classmates, written reflections, and assignments.
- 4-6 optional live sessions are pre-scheduled throughout the 12 week course for 45 min at either 6 or 7 pm ET. The live session is a Zoom video conference session. It is recorded and archived in the course for students to access anytime. The live session includes: presentation, discussion, and Q&A.
- Weekly time commitment: 7-10 hours per week.
In the online program, students will examine the key components of a comprehensive development program, building a portfolio of items representing the following areas:
- Annual Giving
- Capital Campaigns
- Development Communications
- Foundations and Corporations
- Major Gifts
- Management and Accountability
- Planned Giving
- Prospect Research
- Support Services
- Volunteer Leadership
To learn more, contact an Enrollment Advisor at 617-502-8822 or complete the form below.Boston University respects your right to privacy. By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails and calls from a representative of Boston University, which may include the use of automated technology. Consent is needed to contact you, but is not a requirement to register or enroll.